1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I can't cope with teaching any more.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Professor Dumbledore, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

BLOODY website!!! I switched back to IE so it would register my paragrpahs and now it's just lost my reply, as well as being unbearably slow. GRRR!
    Anyway, thanks once again for all your support - and hello Lurk Much!
    t's so interrsting to see my problems are all too familar with many of you, yet at the same time indicative of much wider problems. It does comfort me that you seem to think this is a rubbish situation, rather than the expected norm. The moral of this sorry education system seems to be that the loudest, most bull.shittiest seem to excel.
    I want to reply properly, and DID until I lost it, but I wanted to quickly say that due to your positivity, I'm sure, something good has happened.....
    I have an interview!! It;s for a nice Primary School in a nice town near me - interview is May 3rd so I have the weekend to make it all perfect. This couldn't have come at a better time as staff structures were announced, and guess who I've been put with next year....!?

2. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

Hooray PD! Best of luck to you x

3. Dancetillyoudrop (what a fantastic name), thank you for your kind words and well done with the interview prof.

4. Good luck PD - fingers crossed for you [​IMG]

5. Good luck Prof! You have to get out of this poisonous situation. Once it starts going down the pan, it doesn't come up again.
    I second those who say: have a bed-time routine, no late-night eating, NO alcohol or at least nothing Sunday night until Friday night, no late night coffee or even tea (I'm addicted to tea). Make sure your bedroom isn't getting too cold or hot in the early hours, as that can wake you.
    Easier said than done when you're stressed out of your head, but could manage a yoga class? It works for some.
    Keep applying for those jobs. Lots of luck.

6. Nothing more to add, you have had some great advice already.
    But I did wonder where you had gone, and I missed you, and I am very sad that you are having such a hard time.
    Keep looking and applying and stay your lovely self xxxx

7. I've just read this thread and didn't want to leave without saying that I really really hope you do well and get the new job. Hopefully it will be just what you need. Good luck! xx

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Good luck PD. A change isn't quite as good as a rest but it does help to rejuvenate you. I hope you find that things are different elsewhere.

9. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Good luck! I'm guessing you've already looked at the Jobseekers forum on here.