1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

i candy prams?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by snowcloud, Dec 28, 2011.

1. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

I already have a pram but still feel drawn to the icandy range. What are your experiences of them are they good? Anybody got any reviews?
    Would quite like one second hand x
    Thanks.

2. I love my iCandy! I've got a peach. We don't drive to that many places so it has done a lot of miles over the last 14 months and still going strong! My LO is quite big, but it doesn't feel that heavy at all. It is very easy to maneouvere (sp?) even with one hand (this is my favourite aspect of it!) It has a huge shopping basket and I have carried another pushchair underneath it with LO in it as well! We live close to city centre so we don't have to put it up and down to go in cars - I think that would be a pain, especially with a smaller car (like ours!). If we have another baby and LO still needs to be in pushchair I'll buy the Blossom converters. We have a travel umbrella pushchair - that is such hard work by comparison. They are on the expensive side, but we always knew that we would get a lot of use out of it and I'm a firm believer in investing in things you use a lot and skimping on things that you don't.

3. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

That sounds good. What is the difference between the peach and apple? I like the sound of the big basket.

4. We've got an icandy peach and I agree with everything leeds28 has said. It's really light and easy to use, you can fit loads in the basket and best of all my little boy is really snug and comfortable in the carry cot.
    I put mine in the car quite a bit and it's really easy to put up and down. It fits into my partner's large car easily but also goes into the boot of my much smaller Polo. If you have a really small car the wheels pop off so it will fit.
    We bought the adapters for the car seat so if I'm just popping to the shop I can put the car seat onto the pram frame which saves a lot of time with an 8 week old. It's expensive but in my opinion well worth it.

5. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I had the icandy Apple for my son and then converted it to the Pear when my daughter was born 22 months later.
    I used the Apple pretty much every day for my son and loved it. We don't use the car much and walk everywhere and get the train a lot. I had a Polo at the time and it fitted into the boot with no problems.
    It's easy to push (i had the 3 wheeled one), and the handle extends which is useful for my 6 foot tall husband. The basket is also big.
    As the Pear it is quite heavy, but i manage it fine. I now have a Zafira and i can put the whole thing in the boot without collapsing it, i only have to remove the 2nd seat.
    My 2.5 year old rarely sits in his seat, but it's handy to have, and the basket underneath is still pretty big.