1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I can statements - Maths and Literacy KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by chickenpants, Dec 28, 2009.

1. We are currently moving towards using I can statements across our curriculum. We have bought the Chris Quigley book which plots out the skills for other subject areas and are looking for something similar for Literacy and Maths. After searching for hours on the internet I have found a few different examples but none that quite seems to fit. The framework provides the I can statement for each objective but we need to differentiate these on our plans as per the Chris Quigley scheme - for the Head to approve I think we would need it in sub levels if possible. Does anyone know if such a scheme/document exists?

2. I know this is an older post but i wondered if you got anything in the end. We are just moving towards the whole Chris Quigley creative curriculum stuff and the head has asked me to create some I can statements. Thanks x

3. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

For maths there are some sort of success ladders or end of unit I can statements related to the Maths Framework floating about somewhere.

4. sara2323

sara2323 New commenter

I have seen the 'I can statements' for KS1 numeracy on Bev Evans website: communication4all.co.uk , not sure about literacy.

5. thanks x