1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I can statements for art and design

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by venuspeter, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. We have just applied for our second artsmark and one of the things we have to promise is to use 'I Can' statements when we teach art and design. I have started doing them but am in a bit of a quagmire over it. Has anyone got any up and running that I could look and learn from?? Thanks xx

2. Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. We have just applied for our second artsmark and one of the things we have to promise is to use 'I Can' statements when we teach art and design. I have started doing them but am in a bit of a quagmire over it. Has anyone got any up and running that I could look and learn from?? Thanks xx

3. joli2

joli2 New commenter

They're just your aims, converted into 'I can....'. A bit pointless looking at someone elses as it ould depend on your lesson
    " Learn to use tone to show form" = 'I can use tone to show form"

4. I used this table, but adapted it to include 'tick' boxes. I get the pupils to initial where they think they have achieved, then I initial following assessment. We're usually pretty close in our decisions. I also use a 'what I need to do to improve' slip, and both are glued into the inside front cover of the sketchbook.
    http://www.pearsonpublishing.co.uk/ks3art/html/teaching0701.html