1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I can relax this summer!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eal2, Mar 12, 2011.

1. For the last 3 summers I have had the stress of my son producing poor exam results. GCSE, AS and A2 all below what he should have done.
    He applied for Uni last year and didn't get the grades he needed, so he did some retakes and reapplied for a degree with a Foundation Year and has had 3 offers for the grades he already has. He didn't actually need to do his retakes but it kept him a little bit busy up till Jan.
    Now I will only have the stress of filling in the finance forms[​IMG]of seeing my little (ha ha) boy leaving home and he needs to find a job for the rest of the year.

2. Can he account for his poor results? He needs to examine himself because he may not get away with it for much longer. One of my sons found it quite difficult to organise his time and workload in the first year without my motherly boot up his backside. Fortunately his tutor was a man of no patience or sympathy and told him to shape up or get out - not everyone is so lucky.
    I suggest you wave that finance form hard at you son and remind him that it will be costing you hard-earned taxed cash here, and landing himself with a large debt. Impress upon him that you will be taking a seriously dim view if continues to *** his opportunities up the wall.
    As for getting a job - stay on his case and encourage him to accept the first thing that comes up, however ****. It's only for six months, and eons will pass while he waits for one he actually fancies.
    I heaved a sigh of relief when mine all finally jiggered off to University. We had three blessed years only seeing them at holidays before they started boomeranging back.