1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I believe there is a good chance I'm going to explode!!!!!

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by Dragonlady30, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

AAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    Some months ago I decided to take early retirement and so started the ball rolling for my pension. I filled in the paperwork and handed it to our exceptionally reliable Finance lady for it to be sent to the County for them to fill in their section. This was about 10 weeks ago.
    Four weeks ago I had to 'phone TP about something and was informed that they hadn't received my application. Finance lady 'phoned County and, no, they said, they'd hadn't received it but would look for it. After X 'phone calls, they admitted they'd lost it![​IMG]
    Not to worry, I could apply on-line. I did this (but that's a whole different tale!) and, a couple of days later, I e-mailed TP because I couldn't see the application. I also 'phoned. Oh don't worry, said the lass, it's here; we've got it.
    Imaging my surprise when I received an e-mail on Monday-in answer to my e-mail weeks ago-that no, they hadn't got my application. 'Phone again today, no application so had to do it AGAIN!!!!!!!! I'm going to 'phone tomorrow to check they've received it THIS time!!
    AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [​IMG]
    .........and calm!
    I wonder what my chances are of having everything in place in September and October? Answers on the back of a £5 note please! (I'm not holding my breath!)

2. Dragonlady30

AAGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    Some months ago I decided to take early retirement and so started the ball rolling for my pension. I filled in the paperwork and handed it to our exceptionally reliable Finance lady for it to be sent to the County for them to fill in their section. This was about 10 weeks ago.
    Four weeks ago I had to 'phone TP about something and was informed that they hadn't received my application. Finance lady 'phoned County and, no, they said, they'd hadn't received it but would look for it. After X 'phone calls, they admitted they'd lost it![​IMG]
    Not to worry, I could apply on-line. I did this (but that's a whole different tale!) and, a couple of days later, I e-mailed TP because I couldn't see the application. I also 'phoned. Oh don't worry, said the lass, it's here; we've got it.
    Imaging my surprise when I received an e-mail on Monday-in answer to my e-mail weeks ago-that no, they hadn't got my application. 'Phone again today, no application so had to do it AGAIN!!!!!!!! I'm going to 'phone tomorrow to check they've received it THIS time!!
    AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [​IMG]
    .........and calm!
    I wonder what my chances are of having everything in place in September and October? Answers on the back of a £5 note please! (I'm not holding my breath!)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

If you explode you'll be so all over the place that you won't need a pension.

4. You have my complete sympathy. I applied for my pension eleven months ago and I am still waiting for matters to be sorted out. I thought they had, a couple of months ago, when i received my first months payment; no lump sum yet, though. That has now ceased, due to new 'difficulties'. I have found that one section of TP will tell you one thing, onlt for another to tell you something different.
    If this applies to anyone else, the stumbling block for me is having worked for so many years for ILEA, which ceased to exist a decade or so ago. Not all contribution records were passed on to TP, apparently.

5. Dragonlady30

Good grief!
    Hopefully, (not easy typing with crossed fingers) everything's now been sorted including an apology from a TP 'trouble shooter'. I can now see my progress on the web site so, here's hoping!
    Luckily for me, I've worked for the same authority since I qualified way back when.
    I really hope all is sorted out for you soon, Albert.