1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am so upset....

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by choccietwirl, Nov 29, 2017.

1. choccietwirl

choccietwirl New commenter

Oh I am so upset. How do you stop someone from selling your own material? One person on this site has all of our resources for sale as if she wrote them and she didn't. What do I do?

2. Zoot

Zoot New commenter

I should complain directly to TES. If you are able to prove that you created the resources then I guess they would be made to take them off the site. Not sure when or which forum but this has been discussed by another member who had the same experience. Hope you are able to resolve it.

3. Alice K

Alice K Occasional commenter

Contact TES asap. How did you find out? I think this is becoming more of a problem.

Twistybackhen likes this.
  4. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

Oh you poor thing contact the TES team immediately this is ridiculous!

5. choccietwirl

Someone who uses the site and knows me found them and told me. I will contact them tomorrow. I have found the takedown page and know what to do now.
    Many thanks for your reply.

6. choccietwirl

I will do. Thank you for replying. I have calmed down a little about it now and will contact them in the morning.

7. charlya

charlya New commenter

How about TES stop selling resources, making under-paid teaching staff shell out even more of their own money, and go back to having things free. When did 'Sharing Good Practice' become 'Let's make a profit and fleece teachers'? That would stop the problem as there would be little to gain from taking someone elses resources.

8. choccietwirl

I have reported this. The person had over 120 of our resources up on their site and a week later there are still 82 up there. Not a lot of action from Tes help desk. :(

Twistybackhen likes this.
  9. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Quite often, when people are paying for the resources, you can't see if they are using your work. This is the problem. It really is disgraceful.

Teacher-in-Training42 likes this.
  10. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

11. Twistybackhen

Twistybackhen New commenter

I have reported stolen resources for sale on TES and they are still available for purchase. TES protect the seller and you have to provide proof of the theft rather than TES having checks in place to make sure the materials (the sale of which presumably they are profiting from??) belong to the seller.

12. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello @choccietwirl,

Thank you for reporting the resources.

Members are urged to report any issues such as this to the Customer Services Team. Please send an email to help@tes.com.

13. TES_Rosaline

Hello @choccietwirl,

Please can you send an email with a link to the resource and the details of the copyright material as well as the name of the user selling the resource to help@tes.com?

My colleagues in the Customer Services Team will deal with your complaint as a priority. Thank you.

14. TES_Rosaline

Hello @Twistybackhen,

Thank you for reporting the resources, which should have been removed. If there are any remaining resources that are still available on the site please can you email help@tes.com?

My colleagues in the Customer Services Team will deal with this issue as a priority. Thank you.