1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am so happy :-)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tt20, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Just had to share the good news!!
    I am a trainee and had my first formal observation yesterday by my uni mentor. I was so nervous throwing up and got 1 hours sleep. Thought it went okay came out and she said it was BRILLIANT and that I am a natural teacher :).
    That shows my A level teacher who destroyed every ounce of confidence I ever had and told me I would never "hack it" as a teacher.
    I have wanted to teach since I was about seven years old and that is all I have ever wanted to hear. In fact I cried I was so happy. At a fab school with an amazing mentor. I have been bouncing for the past two days.
    Thankyou for reading I just had to share :)

2. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Well done you! What a lovely boost for your confidence. x

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Make sure you share it with your HT! They like to hear good news of their old students and, in your case, they might like to rub somebody's nose in the wotsit!
    [​IMG]

4. Congratulations! That's brill! Good luck for the future xx

5. That is terrific! Enjoy the feeling and long may it last!

6. leadlearner

leadlearner New commenter

Well done - how lovely. Just remember to keep the positive vibe and be positive with yr students as we always remember the harsh words one mean teacher once said to us. All the best in yr teaching career, and remember when you are v experienced how to mentor and be nice to others like they have to you. Well done , enjoy yr teaching career!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Well done -you're off to a great start!

8. awwwwwwwww, congratulations.
    You have every right to be happy - and hey - be proud of yourself too!
    Without wanting to rain on your parade - don't be too disappointed if you don't get the same accolade after every observation.
    But take the positive from this one and carry on xxx [​IMG]

9. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

That's great - very well done! x