1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am saddened by...

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by labellaroma, May 20, 2018.

1. labellaroma

labellaroma Occasional commenter

I am somewhat saddened by one of the 'new' changes to TES premium resources which are due to take place October of this year. The one in question is regards to the new royalty rate tiers. I totally agree that quality should come before quantity, however why should those of us who teach subjects less popular than maths and literacy suffer? This new system will only benefit those authors who upload the popular and widely sought after subjects, i.e. maths and literacy to name just two. This is unfair for those of us who upload resources for a lesser popular subject. I teach French and reached the 'gold author' status a long time ago. With the new system, although I am very pleased with the money they generate both for myself and TES, I will drop down to a 'silver author.' I am obviously not happy about this. What do others think? :(

MosaiK likes this.
  2. labellaroma

Oh dear. My titled should have read 'I am sadened by...' Maybe the typo error will create more interest...

3. MosaiK

MosaiK New commenter

labellaroma likes this.
  4. TheIrishTeacher

TheIrishTeacher New commenter

I am the same sadly :( except like above, I may drop to bronze which is a real kick in the teeth to be honest. I think it’s very disloyal considering the work many of us put into our stores only to be told well actually, if you don’t earn x amount, you’ll now earn even less. Very frustrating. I’ve started to move to TpT. It’s alot more consistent.

labellaroma likes this.
  5. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

No, you were right first time.

6. labellaroma

What a pigs ear I made of something so simple. Can I get it right this time?

My title should have read ...