1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am really excited

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by kanddd, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Met my new year group leader today. I have moved into year 6 and been given new tasks to do this year.
    I am not only working with children who find maths a problem but I will also be working with children at the other end of other spectrum I will be working in groups who are working at level 2, level 3, hopefully getting them to level 4, all the way up to level 5. SO SO looking forward to the challenge.

2. Met my new year group leader today. I have moved into year 6 and been given new tasks to do this year.
    I am not only working with children who find maths a problem but I will also be working with children at the other end of other spectrum I will be working in groups who are working at level 2, level 3, hopefully getting them to level 4, all the way up to level 5. SO SO looking forward to the challenge.

3. Great to hear your enthusiasm about the changes. Planning for LSAs to work with all ranges of ability is good practice as it means that both you and the teacher can work with all children at one point in the week. Too often LSAs are asked to deal with the lower ability/'problem child' and that task alone whilst the teacher gets on with the rest.
    Good luck with it.

4. First week over and I am shattered. 12 in my first group ranging from P8 to 3c. That is my first challenge.
    Then I also have a guided reading group and working with higher achiever literacy groups. I certainly will not be bored.
    Hope my tiredness sorts itself out.