1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am not usually a bath person...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catherinaaa, Jan 18, 2011.

1. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

... but have taken 2 in the past week in an effort to relax more in the evenings. I'm a complete convert!
    Have always been very pro shower til now. Makes me want to invest in lots of lurverly products to use such as bath bombs etc.

2. bnm

bnm

I love baths. They are so not about getting clean. They are about submerging oneself in soft bubbles with candles and incense sticks, a glass of wine and the radio or a good book.
    The only downside is the being wet afterwards bit. I would love to have a whole-body hair dryer thingy that could get me dry and warm with zero effort on my part.

3. The drying part es easy. Just wrap yourself in a huge fluffy robe and let nature take its course.

4. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i love baths, and now you've made me want one. shower tonight tho, as need to wash hair. damn. i will go overboard on the pamper in there tho, to make up

5. Mmm... baths. I love baths... especially with Lusg bath bombs. I got 3 Lush gift sets plus £15 of Lush vouchers for Christmas / Birthday.
    You have inspired me to do an hour's work and then to have a bath. Mr D is out, so I can take as much time as I want.

6. catherinaaa

Mr C was out and came home to find me in bath singing along to Take That CD. Luckily he is used to me!

7. I have just had one - with some lovely raspberry Body Shop bubble bath, the last in the Millenium trilogy and a large glass of red wine [​IMG]

8. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Heaven is a bath, a good book and a glass of red.
    I'm not so keen on the Lush bath bombs. They are great at the time but it takes ages to clean the bath afterwards which undoes all the benefits.

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

If I used candles + incense or any other strongly-scented product, I'd end up with a headache.Actually, I hate all scented candles.
    My idea of bathtime luxury is a good thriller, a warm bathroom and plenty of hot water to see me through to the last page.

10. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

I hate the ones with glitter, confetti and pot pourri inside them! My favourite, Avobath, doesn't leave any residue or 'stuff' in the bath. It smells of sherbet, is quite softening and turns the water a grassy green with tiny little shimmer sparkles that don't stick to you or the bath. Lovely!
    The bath melts are good from Lush too, but they can leave the bath a little greasy.

11. I have a **** bath: you can't lie back and relax as it is too short and shallow and either your knees stick above the water line or your chest. Most unrelaxing experience ever! Bathroom to be replaced as soon as I earn enough one to one tuturing money!

12. I would never shower if I could get my lazy ass out of bed early enough in the morning to bathe instead. I love a bath.
    BUT just like the bad fairy, my GP blamed my recurrent thrush and varicose vein on poaching myself in a nice hot bath too often.

13. My bath is huge so I have to be careful not to slide down and get my book wet.
    I have mastered the art of placing my elbows and toes in just the right position to keep me afloat and hold my book at the same time.
    The problem is when I need to reach for my glass of wine...

14. I wish!!

15. catherinaaa

I'm another one with a small bath. Knees out of water I'm afraid, but was still relaxing nevertheless!

16. inky

inky Lead commenter

A recipe for disaster for a serial faller-over like me.
    A lot of these products are just so overwhelmingly scented that the very thought of them gives me a headache.
    I do have a soft spot for Badedas, though, which is probably a residue from my 60s childhood.

17. I only want to have baths when I feel under the weather - I get really bored once the initial immersion has happened. And if I try to read in the bath, my book always gets soaked.

18. Do you have a huge bath as well then? Or are you and me midgets and Kinsa and catherinaa giants with normal sized baths after all?
    I can't even touch the end of my bath with my toes when lying down - and I am 5 foot 4. And it is very deep. I should take to wearing a swim vest, perhaps.

19. I cannot spend more than 10 mins in my current bath without getting cold bits and was used to spending hours reading a book in my last (cheap) bath. Love a shower every day, but sometimes you need a good soak especially after a day's gardening - and the once a year event that constitutes obviously justifies a new bathroom!!

20. I'm wee, yes. 5ft 1. Our bath is also pretty massive (it's old)