1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am looking forward to be a teacher in the UK soon.

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by anon7946, Dec 4, 2015.

1. anon7946

anon7946 New commenter

I am Sohal Mahadevia from Bombay, India and I am currently in Bombay, India and hold and Indian passport too and I know all the rules and regulations generally to e a qualified teacher in the UK as in ITT/QTS etc. I wanna know how can I get someone to sponsor me for QTS or even just teaching experience for which I have applied to many schools from the Department of education page and which are the possible visas that I can get there on to teach straight away even fo any kind of classroom experience or anything available for my quest to become a qualified teacher in the UK sooner or later and more sooner than later and I have done my Bachelor of Commerce, Post graduate diploma in investment studies and my MBA-Finance=MFSM=Masters degree in financial services management all from University of Bombay, India and I am a 41 year old single Bachelor as of now and also I dont have much funds for QTS course etc as of now and I did try looking arround for funding etc but its tough for international students like me generally and I am an expert private home tutor having taught a lot in singles an groups too and subjects like Economics, Business studies A level IB level and many more too and many more subjects too at all levels from lower to higher and I also teach Biology, science to school students as a home tutor too and I dont have a teaching qualification from my country or any such other than my University diplomas and degrees mentioned above and I have more than what it takes to be a good qualified teacher in the UK and also I am sure I am better than any average teacher in the UK too and I have been teaching as a private tutor since 8 years or so too and also just to say things again here I wanna get there officially soon and start off as soon as possible in any manner possible from scratch too as in any opportunity tht is so given to me all over the UK will do too. I am open to further discussion here and even on my email please at coolfreakydude@hotmail.com and also u or anyone can call me on 9820817751 my cell number in Bombay, India anytime from 11am to 11pm Bombay, India time on any day is fine with me too.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there.

My suggestion to you is that you get experience by teaching in India in a British-curriculum school.

Once you have proof of your ability to deliver successfully the UK curriculum of GCSE and A-levels, or iGCSE and I.B., then it will be easier for you to be considered for teaching in the UK.

I would suggest 2 or 3 years in a school, to show that you can be successful with more than one examination cohort.

International Schools in India

This experience is what you need.

N.B. To other posters: it is very unwise to post your real name, your telephone number and your e-mail on a public site. You are likely to receive spam if you do.

Best wishes