1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am feeling so sorry for myself and getting on my own nerves...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, Mar 13, 2012.

1. so I need you lot to cheer me up!
    I am signed off sick until April - I am in a right mess. Started with a cold/flu which I ignored, now I have sinusitus, am deaf in one ear and have a ******** up immune system and a kidney infection and still find myself wanting to log into work from my laptop. My poor assistant is working like a horse (I have only been on the phone to her about 5 times today), rearranging all my appointments and working for 3 (i.e. for herself, for me and she is also covering for a colleague who is on holiday), my boss is not there as his father died at the weekend and the poor girl is left with my sloppy tardy colleague (the lazy one I have posted so much about) and I feel so GUILTY.
    Wash my head - pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. I know it is my own fault for being a workaholic and I should have taken time off months back instead of letting it fester and getting worse. I am so stupid.

2. so I need you lot to cheer me up!
    I am signed off sick until April - I am in a right mess. Started with a cold/flu which I ignored, now I have sinusitus, am deaf in one ear and have a ******** up immune system and a kidney infection and still find myself wanting to log into work from my laptop. My poor assistant is working like a horse (I have only been on the phone to her about 5 times today), rearranging all my appointments and working for 3 (i.e. for herself, for me and she is also covering for a colleague who is on holiday), my boss is not there as his father died at the weekend and the poor girl is left with my sloppy tardy colleague (the lazy one I have posted so much about) and I feel so GUILTY.
    Wash my head - pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase. I know it is my own fault for being a workaholic and I should have taken time off months back instead of letting it fester and getting worse. I am so stupid.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Bouquets Prices. Get The Lowest Price.
    Hope you feel better soon CQ, I'm just bored, the surgeon is delighted with my progress and am cleared to work, but no work!!
    </h2><ul id="yui_3_3_0_13_1331644790551194"><li id="yui_3_3_0_13_1331644790551223" class="ld">[​IMG][/LIST]

4. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Sorry, messed that one up!!

5. Surgeon??? What have I missed? What have they been doing to you, you poor soul?

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I had the MVD on 12th January, microvascular decompression of the Trigeminal nerve.

https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/544356.aspx?PageIndex=3

post 27, is the report!! Had to have eyes tested as double vision post op is still there slightly, but eyes have changed in 2 weeks!!
    But you hurry up and get better!!

7. I am not a medic, I had to google.
    That sounds quite painful, lapin!
    Spooky, tis the same areas that are giving me hell - but my problems are that everywhere where there should be space is bunged up and infected, thankfully not the nerve!
    But I have had vision probs too - what an amazing place our skull is.
    I have cabin fever - I am so fed up. What are you doing with your time? I have been revising my Russian and doing some knitting. I feel like Little Mrs. Pepperpot talking to the spiders in the corner of my room.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Listening to music, reading books, doing some watercolour paintings, all in a housework avoidance mood!! I was forbidden to do any housework for the first 4-5 weeks, sschhhh it must 4-5 months!!
    Really getting down to learning Arabic!! Umm does listening to Najwa Karam count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CktBFffLxgg&feature=related

9. Of course! We use songs in our language lessons do we not?
    That is another thing I have done - planned some lessons. I have worked out this snazzzy worksheet for changing the present simple into the past simple or past continuous, whilst also having to change from 1st person singular to 3rd person singular and remember the "s" or vice versa.
    Doc told me to rest. I am not good at it. Spoke to Dad, he said "well, do it all in bed then".

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter