1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am Doing 15 GCSEs and my predicted Grades are 7A* 4A 2B 2C,Are my predicted grades too high?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Dalek1099, Sep 4, 2011.

1. I am Doing 15 GCSEs and my predicted Grades are 7A* 4A 2B 2C,Are my predicted grades too high?
    I think my predictions are too high and although some of my predicted grades have been predicted by me on the 7A* bit i'm certain and i'm expected 5 A* in the core subjects(maths,english lang+lit and Double Science).However,i have already completed one of my 15 and was predicted a C and got an A and this probably means that my other C will be moved up to an because it's in a similar area of expertise.Excluding my completed GCSE my predicted grades that i have decided on are:3A* 9A 2B - I predicted a B for German so again succeeds my predictions.Advice Please?

2. I am Doing 15 GCSEs and my predicted Grades are 7A* 4A 2B 2C,Are my predicted grades too high?
    I think my predictions are too high and although some of my predicted grades have been predicted by me on the 7A* bit i'm certain and i'm expected 5 A* in the core subjects(maths,english lang+lit and Double Science).However,i have already completed one of my 15 and was predicted a C and got an A and this probably means that my other C will be moved up to an because it's in a similar area of expertise.Excluding my completed GCSE my predicted grades that i have decided on are:3A* 9A 2B - I predicted a B for German so again succeeds my predictions.Advice Please?

3. You shouldn't be posting on here, it's a forum for teachers!!
    It depends what system your school use to work out predicted grades but they've probably been worked out based on how you performed at the end of year 6 and the end of year 9. It's not likely your other C will be moved now.
    Don't worry too much about predictions, it's more important you do your best and try and get the best grade you think you're capable of.
    And find a forum for students!

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

If you're hoping for A* in English, you'd better start working on your sentence structure right now.

5. YesMrBronson

YesMrBronson New commenter

No it isn't.

6. YesMrBronson

Why don't you pat him on the head and ruffle his hair whilst you're at it. [​IMG]

7. There's no need for sarcasm. If you think I'm being patronising then just say. I'm trying to encourage a child who feels it's necessary to sign up to a teacher's forum to ask questions about their education when they should be able to ask teachers at the school he/she attends.
    So it's a forum for school kids to join?

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

15 GCSE's? How do you get time to go to the lessons?

9. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

And vocabulary. If the post is typical of the poster's usual writing, it's barely a C.

10. I don't understand what the question is.

11. YesMrBronson

Some are equivalents (reading his thread on thestudentroom). He already has one.

12. That is totally NOT correct. This is a forum for EDUCATION in its entirety.

13. My son has just done his GCSES and did 14 plus a freestanding additional maths which is AS level. One of his friends got 14 A* So if you are bright and hard working it isn't impossible to do this many and do them well. He got 6 A*, 7A and C and D in the two subjects he was never going to do much better in even if he had only studied those and nothing else!
    Re are your predictions too high, it's impossible to say without knowing your ability level, intellect, attitude towards work etc. I would just say try your hardest, do your best and you can do nothing more than that and your grades will be what they will be.
    Ignore the comments re your literacy, there's nothing wrong with it for a casual forum - not exactly as though you are doing a mock GCSE paper adn to be fair I;ve seen worse from many adults on here!

Good Luck with your GCSES.

14. Well lets start off with the fact that i have have already completed 1 and started on 4 others already so there is only 10 new GCSEs that i'm starting this year and i'm only taking 9 subjects next year with 5 of those i'm taking 2 GCSEs at.To add to this,i really don't know why my punctuation,vocabulary and sentence structuring are os bad online-i d ohave trouble i nclass but nto usually as bad as when your typing on a computer probably because you can't be bothered but i'm currently on an A for Literature(50% completed) and a B for Language(80% completed) but i will be resitti ng the language exam because i only got a C so hopefully i can still get an A for both!!!!

15. OP - apologies for being blunt towards you; apparently you are allowed to post here and I misunderstood that.
    Congratulations on your good performance so far.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

[​IMG]

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Why on earth would anyone want 15 GCSEs?

18. Same reason as anyone else. To better themselves. 15, 8, 3 whats the difference?

19. But you are not are you? You are doing either a BTEC or an OCR diploma - that's what you said on another forum, although you seem a little bit confused as to which it is. Which also means you cannot have A*, A, B or C predicitons because they are both graded pass, merit distinction.
    On another forum you also say you have already taken 4 GCSEs, so that would mean you have taken 4, are taking a diploma, that's another 4 you are not taking so you are actually taking 7 GCSEs.
    Now on this forum you say one of your predicteds was C and you got an A, but then on another forum you say you were predicted A* but got a C. Having seen the standard of your English I think the C is generous.

Now you have 'decided' on different predictions and they total 14 grades, not 15.

Now what was it you wanted advice on that you didn't get in the student room, or on yahoo answers?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm sure you can add and subtract well enough to work out the difference.