1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am desperate for help

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Drjekyll31, Sep 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Drjekyll31

Drjekyll31 New commenter

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for someone who I can liaise ideas for the new As Spanish spec. I really don't know where to start. I have managed to find a scheme of work that might help me a bit but I am COMPLETELY LOST.
    Don't know what to tackle first

If you are kind enough to help this poor soul, message me.

Thanks,

2. lifereallyistooshort

lifereallyistooshort New commenter

Dear Drjekyll31

Don't panic.... I am sure there are some AS Spanish teachers out there who will be happy to help you. I am guessing you are the only A level Spanish teacher at your school? If not, the obvious first port of call is your colleagues. If you have colleagues who teach AS French or AS German, talk to them too, as much of what they will be doing will be similar to what you need to do, just in a different language and with some different topics.
    Do you have a text book? If you are completely inexperienced, it might be worth investing in one, as it will give you a core set of materials on which to build. When choosing a book or film to study, start by seeing which ones have the most support materials available for them - again, if you are inexperienced, this will give you at least a bank of material from which to start working.
    In any case, the first couple of weeks of the AS course can usefully be spent reviewing key grammar etc from GCSE - very few classes are full of students who have a thorough grasp of tenses etc. Hope that helps. Sadly, I don't teach Spanish, so can't give any more direct help but my main message is - don't panic!
    Apologies if you are not in a school setting... I've just assumed that.

3. meggyd

meggyd Occasional commenter

Yes most definitely liaise with the French and German colleagues. Also Tes resources! Use that some excellent stuff. Also the ALL site has local networks and you can find colleagues that way. I don't teach Spanish but German has really good national sites as does French. maybe someone can first you to the Spanish equivalent.

4. spanishsam

spanishsam New commenter

alexandraparker likes this.
  5. Drjekyll31

Drjekyll31 New commenter

Spanishsam Thank you! I am the only one teaching spanish As and I feel so lonely as it is a new spec and cannot use all the old resources. I'll join your group today :)

6. estrella7

estrella7 New commenter

Hi spanishsam - thank you for this! I am joining this group as I type...!!!

Drjekyll31 - see you on there!