1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am an auntie!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by notmeanymore, May 19, 2012.

1. This morning! Very exciting. A wee boy weighing just over 7 pounds. Can't wait to go and visit him!

2. Congratulations! :)

3. Oh congratulations! I can remember being so excited at the births of each of my nieces and nephews.

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Oh how lovely!
    (My nieces and nephews are all growing up...and some of them have produced great-nieces and great-nephews for me...and I still get excited by each and every one! )

5. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

How wonderful for you! Congratulations!
    I suppose we should congratulate his parents too[​IMG]

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Congratulations. Being an Auntie is great [​IMG]

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

How lovely. Congratulations.

8. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Congrats - name?

9. katycustard

katycustard Occasional commenter

Congratulations, I hope you spoil him rotten over the years - but not so much it annoys his parents!

10. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Congratulations. Being an Aunty is wonderful fun!

11. Oh, congratulations! I never had kids, but I looked after my nieces and nephews when they were little, and still have a close relationship with them, now that they are young adults. Being an auntie is fun! Enjoy!! x

12. Congrats notmeananymore, I became an auntie this morning and I am so excited about it. Lovely little girl - 8 pounds 7 ounces. My first niece, can't wait to meet her later and spoil her rotten

13. Congratulations. I remember being an Auntie for the first time, a day before my 17th birthday. I remember everyone saying Congratulations to me and thinking 'I didn't exactly do all the hard work!' I am now Auntie to 4 nieces and 4 nephews with one more niece due in the next couple of months! My eldest niece and nephew got me a mug one year for Christmas wich says 'To a special Auntie, Auntie's are the best - they love like a Mum and act like a friend' So true.

14. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Congratulations :)
    I have just spent a wonderful weekend with my nephews, 3 and 5 yrs old, and I love them dearly. Enjoy :)

15. Thanks everyone - baby remains nameless but I'm assured it won't be long now! Mum and baby are still in hospital as he's not feeding well yet, but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it before long. Won't out and bought more 'stuff' for him this morning, and am going to get a voucher for his mum to have a manicure/pedicure as soon as she feels up to it. Had my first cuddle with him last night, but I might just have to go and visit again tonight for another one!

Oh, and congratulations towhoevere it was who became an auntie today (can't get back to find out who it was now I'm typing). I'm sure you're enjoying it just as much as I am!!