1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I am absolutely fed up with .............

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lapinrose, Oct 21, 2019.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Brexit, the Government seem to be getting nowhere, no matter who tries. Isn't it time to say "Forget it" and stay as we are, a member of the EU?

2. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

3. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

OP: You are Tony Blair and I claim my fiver!

Come and join us on the 'So what now for Brexit?' thread.

Will soon cheer you up :D

chelsea2 and burajda like this.
  4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

You serious? Yes of course you are because you are a remainer.
    How about MPs actually doing something to get us out instead of blocking everything?

5. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Or how about a Tory PM putting the country first for once, rather than pandering to the extreme right wing Brexiteers in his party? ;)

6. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Lapinrose is more Nick Clegg

BelleDuJour and dumpty like this.
  7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

So the only advantage of leaving the EU is that all the fuss about leaving the EU will be over. I was rather hoping for something more meaningful than that.

8. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Nick who??:p

9. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

I prefer " We gave it our best shot. It can't be done without causing major harm to the country and its people. So we stay"

10. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Lead commenter

It would be the end of the beginning and the start of 2 years (or more) of trade negotiations with the EU and Michel Barnier (in his new job).

11. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

There are a
    many possible permutations of Brexit Deals. MPs didn't have to accept May's inadequate deal and they are not obliged to accept Boris's piggyback deal.
    NO are not in a position to negotiate a different deal. That's the government's job and they've not acquitted themselves well.

12. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I am absolutely fed up with ... lying Tories, childish leaders refusing to sign a letter because 'big boys made me do it'

13. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I think he had Baldrick at his ear, whispering "I have a cunning plan..."

Alice K, TCSC47 and vannie like this.
  14. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Most peoples Brexit expectations are pretty low. I have accepted the vote of the 17.4m but think it will be *****.

15. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Can't wait. We'll end up with Norway minus. What a waste of time.

Alice K likes this.
  16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

No we are leaving and it will be major harm to the country but major benefit to a minority who will tell us how great it is and a majority will believe them. Thats democracy.

17. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Lapinrose was/ is a Libdem elected councillor in some town in sussex or kent

18. nixmith

nixmith Established commenter

I too am suffering with Brexit fatigue - but I am certain of one thing, come the election and there is one due soon, the MPs blocking Brexit will get their just deserts. They will be out on their ears and it should be rears. The original vote should have been respected irrespective of the consequences, Art 50 should have been triggered on 24/6/16 and we would have left the EU in June 2018. Properly out - no 'transition period' that is what those 2 years were for. Exiting the EU should have been given massive priority - something like Apollo or the Manhatten project. Instead it has been procrastination and dither - much with the aim of keeping us in.

By now, we would be beginning to see if being out of the EU is a good or a bad thing. If a good thing, we could be starting to benefit from it, if a bad thing we could be making steps to ask to return. As it is, we are in this ongoing purgatory, with no end in site. Meanwhile everything else of importance, law and order, health, housing and education is being left to get worse and worse.

It is madness.

19. burajda

burajda Star commenter

The nationalists are just as much to blame as the remainers.

20. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Ireland was barely mentioned three years ago. How could people not have seen that the border would be a problem?