1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I also wish to say goodbye...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by nixmith, Jun 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixmith

nixmith Established commenter

So I have been called a racist by the TES moderators. If the moderator is brave enough to make themself known to me, I would like to seek legal redress.

I clicked on 'alerts' earlier and saw this: "Your post in the thread David Dorn RIP... was deleted.

It is not even written in correct English, ON AN EDUCATIONAL WEBSITE! It should be "For this reason....."

Furthermore, the whole thread on David Dorn has been deleted (not locked like the George Floyd one). So I can't even checked what I said.

Whatever happened to: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

Goodbye.

[​IMG]

2. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Good luck with that, lol

Bye.

3. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

Excellent. Off you go.
    Anyone not seeing it - there were white supremacist slogans and link to a far right site.

4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Scarlett O'Hara wasn't beautiful?

5. nixmith

"I beg your pardon..."

6. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

deleted

7. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

8. nixmith

Scarlett O'Hara wasn't she so beautiful? (corrected it for you....) I know I said 'goodbye' but a bit like S1a3t5u7r9n last week I am finding it hard to let it go.

9. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Thanks - wondered what had been posted.

10. theworm123

theworm123 Lead commenter

11. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

I won't comment now, I'll just wait another five days for the thread to get to seventeen pages...

12. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

17? :rolleyes:

sodalime likes this.
  13. nixmith

The trouble is, I would never post "...white supremacist slogans and link(s) to a far right site.) Sadly as the whole thread has been deleted I can't even attempt to prove this. Thank you TES, I look forward to hearing from you in the morning.

14. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Believe me, you won't.

15. nixmith

I know, I was being ironic! However - some people who have piled in on me have questions to answer: I look forward to hearing from them either in this thread or in the (many) conversations I have initiated tonight. I'm hopping mad!

16. modelmaker

modelmaker Senior commenter

I presume the moderator linked the reason for calling you a racist to at least one of your posts. Did you read what was in that post and consider whether there was something in it that might be offensive? Offence happens all the time on social media, because people who live in their own bubbles imagine they can say whatever they want in the pompous manner they choose to present themselves.

I've had to suffer reading posts from a poster who suggests the entire forum is filled with people who can't read and have low intellectual capacity, yet bizarrely has been unable to give any insight into his qualifications for suggesting any superiority. Anyone can search google. Few on here have experience in any depth outside shouting at kids or whishing they were still allowed to clout them.

There are even some whose abiliy to contribute in any meaningful way are so pathetic, they can only like the posts of similar thinkers. They are like those who circle around kids in the playground to ensure the bullied kids don't get an easy exit and taunt. Total waste of skins.

It gets even worse when those who have reported being bullied out of their jobs, suck up to someone who claims that experienced teachers aren't worth a light, in which we get a closer insight into the sort of roles they played in their careers in education.

We learn more about each other when the only recourse to debate that can't be defeated occurs via the report button.

I'm not saying this in defence of whatever Nixsmith wrote, just commenting on the idiocy of how simple it is to curtail debate in a losing argument by pleading to the mods, prefects and lackies.

in longstanding TES career in which I've been outspoken, but never banned, nor have ever reported a post, I ask what are those who do actually like in real ife?

17. DrLinus

DrLinus Lead commenter

I am, by experience, disinclined to believe this

ajrowing likes this.
  18. nixmith

I wish I could, the whole 'David Dorn RIP' thread has been deleted so I cannot even check out the offensive comment that I have allegedly made. This is a really serious issue: I know many SLT now check social media when people apply for jobs: Facebook, Twitter and I would assume, in education, the TES. I am very worried and very angry. If I am asked in a future interview: "Do you have a TES account and has it ever been locked?" How do I answer...

In an earlier post I said I was 'hopping mad' it is worse than that.....? I think I joined this this site in 2008 and nothing like this has happened to me before: this whole BLM has taken things to a new level.

P.S. Do the moderators only work 9-5 because I am surprised to have had nothing from them throughout this very difficult evening.

19. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

No.

catbefriender likes this.
  20. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I presume you consider yourself eminently well qualified to make judgments on the thought processes and motivation of other posters and indeed you make a number of assumptions regarding what other people do for a living and what their qualifications are. I just wonder why you believe yourself to be in a position to make these judgments. Your post seems rather bitter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.