1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hysterectomy in Half-Term - positive stories from those who have gone before please!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2011.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Tell me that you meant your own parents as opposed to pupils' parents!
    I had mine around 15 years ago at the age of 38 - best thing I've ever had done!

2. I had the op in my late 40s. I was determined to make a quick recovery and I did. I had long, heavy, painful periods and was usually anaemic, My only regret was that I didn't have it done sooner, trying other unsuccessful treatments first.

3. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

seren_dipity, I did mean parents at school, but not that they've been told what I'm having done, just that I will we away from school during Term 6 whilst I recover from surgery.
    The Head did suggest that we have an additional stall at the Summer Fair 'Pin the scar on Mrs T'!! Personally, I hope they think it's cosmetic surgery - I might 'let it slip' that I'm having a facelift and then wait to see how long it is before someone has the nerve in September to tell me they don't think it's worked!

4. I had mine when I was 29, when my son was born, and to save my life.
    When I was conscious the consultant patted my hand and said, "we've had to take away the nursery, but we've left the playroom".
    I've had no regrets...be positive and good luck.