1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

hysterectomy-advice please?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by beattie williams, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Have now got a date for op. was wondering if pay/tlr will be affected by absence for recuperation-consultant advises 12 weeks. Can anyone help? thanks

2. inq

inq

I would have thought if you were signed off you were signed off and pay should continue as per conditions, normally 6 months full pay/ 6 months half pay if you've been there a while. TLR is part of your pay so I wouldn't think that should be affected.
    Good luck with op.

3. Twinkles

Twinkles New commenter

I had mine 4th June and was signed off by hospital for 6 weeks, which I was told is standard after hyst. Got another 1 week sick note from GP to take me to the end of Term 6 and have had Summer holidays to get back to full strength although I felt I could have gone back to work from around week 8. Didn't have any problem with pay, as absence was covered by a sick note so I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about on that score.
    Good luck!

4. thanks for replies

5. ljr

ljr New commenter

Just a word of advice - take as much time as you are allowed and REST!!!!! I had mine done beginning of July a few years back, rested throughout the summer holiday, went back in September & have never looked back - the best thing I have ever done. Friends who thought they should be superwoman & returned to everyday life too soon have suffered all sorts of problems. Good luck with the op.