1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"Hypermiling" to save fuel

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ivartheboneless, May 21, 2019.

1. border_walker

border_walker Established commenter

I have noticed that in general more people do seem to be in less of a hurry.

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well, the trip today was Poland to Belgium. 550 miles. In hindsight too optimistic. Encountered lots of roadworks and traffic so 11 hours in the car (with a couple of comfort stops). We had to make the most of the open stretches and no speed limits so foot to the floor (85+ mph). Consequently MPG dropped down to 75. Not so rushed tomorrow so should be able to pull a few back

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

We have the HEV but since we bought it they have brought out a PHEV model and a full electric version. Unfortunately the PHEV is £10k more and the Electric £20k more than mine so I don't think I shall be swapping anytime soon.

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Well the trip from Antwerp to Brum via the tunnel was the last leg. Roadworks on the M20, loads of traffic and congestion on the M25/M40/M42 meant the hybrid came into its own with the low speeds and the stop start and the overall trip mpg for the 2526 miles was 81.3