1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hyperlinks on shop pages

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by mathsmutt, Feb 10, 2016.

1. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Hallo,
    I notice tonight that the hyperlinks I have linking free samples to the full product and vice versa are no longer working. Is this another manifestation of the technical problems - or are we no longer permitted to link between free and premium resources ?

2. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

I wasn't allowed to put a website address in the resource intro (even though it was my own site) but it was okay to put it in the cover note. And I also put there links to free TES resources of mine. Perhaps you can do something similar?

3. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

Some of my descriptions still have URLs in them, so presumably it's not a restriction that they're applying retrospectively.

You used to be able to have links as resources (and I still have some as a lot of mine are web-based), but you can't do that any more, either.

4. mathsmutt

mathsmutt Star commenter

Thanks to you both.
    I was just a bit puzzled since it had been working the week before.

5. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

You may find if you try to edit the resources that the URL police come after you and the resource gets removed until you 'correct' it - that's how I found out! Removing the www.http// seems to satisfy - and if someone searches for the name w/o this preamble, it will work.