1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hygiene Certificate?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Jan 29, 2011.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I was going to post this on Cookery but there may well be people on this forum who know the answer.
    If a teacher was to do a 'cookery/food club' would she need to have any kind of Hygiene Qualification?
    Or - if a teacher was to run such a club with the assistance of a cook from school kitchen would she still need some kind of qualification?
    Thanks guys.

2. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

I was going to post this on Cookery but there may well be people on this forum who know the answer.
    If a teacher was to do a 'cookery/food club' would she need to have any kind of Hygiene Qualification?
    Or - if a teacher was to run such a club with the assistance of a cook from school kitchen would she still need some kind of qualification?
    Thanks guys.

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Not sure but would think so, it's easy to do and beneficial.

4. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Normal teacher? hmm... To teach food you need to be trained in D&T so I'd imagine you need some sort of qualification. Its easy to do maybe you could also look at the license to cook training? x

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Not if the OP works in primary

6. I should have thought so. I have to have one even though I never touch food in my working capacity!