1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Huzzah! Interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3946, Feb 23, 2012.

1. And this time, in a new area. Exciting! Get to stay in a B&B and everything!

2. Less exciting- the cost of travel and accomodation :(

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Is that a record - 18 minutes to go from elation to depression on hearing of a job interview?

4. Haha, not depression, merely the anticipation of living on VALUE rice instead of Tesco's standard for a while :p Anything to do with spending money is a bit of a heartstopper at the moment!
    VERY excited about the interview :D Just trying to think how I can talk my car into running on air....

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done, Alli! And that B&B will be exciting. Don't need to tell you where to go for advice, because you know.
    Have you got a nice book (or a Kindle, even better, FULL of nice books) to keep your mind off things when you're all alone in the B&B the night before?
    When you have finished your interview and collect your coat and suitcase from Reception, remember to ask for an expenses claim form. You might not get any expenses - fewer and fewer schools give them nowadays - but it's worth asking. So get a receipt from the B&B.
    Very very best of luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar at 2pm on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

6. Thanks Theo :)
    Although this
    is just plain teasing!! It's on my list of things to get when I have an actual wage (though sadly down the list, after things like new tyres, new glasses, crockery which isn't chipped/plastic, a bed which isn't trying to keep my osteopath in business- THEN Kindle.)
    Without giving too much away, it's in a place I used to go with my dad a lot as a kid- he may want me to get this job more than I do, just so he could visit!

Eagerly awaiting details of the day and lesson now :)