1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Husband is losing job - what to do now?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chocolateworshipper, Apr 27, 2012.

1. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

CAB is a great idea - I have found them very helpful. Best of luck xx

2. BetterNow

BetterNow Occasional commenter

Thank you

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

I have no advice, but just wanted to stop and say you are in my thoughts.... Keep your chin up and we shall all keep our fingers crossed for your husband in his job search :)

4. polly.glot

polly.glot New commenter

So sorry to hear about your husband's job. Modelmaker speaks a lot of sense :). If it's of any help, I was the breadwinner for my kids' entire childhood. Things were tight, but we got through. My ex was incapable of holding a job........:(

5. I assume tht you are already claiming children's tax credits alongside your child benefit, but make sure you look into working tax credit which you will be entitled to provided you do enough hours at work - sorry can't remember how many at the moment.
    I am sorry to hear your news - try and think day by day when the big picture gets scary - it was the only way I could cope.

6. BetterNow

BetterNow Occasional commenter

Are they the same as childcare vouchers? If not, then I don't think we are.

We lost WTC due to being _just_ over the threshold. We both claim childcare vouchers. I get child benefit (or is this child tax credit?), but am unsure whether we are losing this soon.
    Thank you for all your kind thoughts.