1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

husband going on holiday without me

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sparklyeyes, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Some of you will be aware from previous posts that I have had some difficulties in the last few weeks.

Things are no better, anyway, to cut a long story short, my husband is going on holiday tomorrow without me. This is a holiday we planned together but as I lost my job I now don't have any spare money for spends or to pay my share of the costs while away. He does insist on this btw. He has a significant amout of money in his bank account gained from the sale of his house when he moved in with me.

Anyway, he is going on his own for a five day holiday somewhere in this country rather than waste it because I have no money at the moment to pay for my half.

Just wanted to share this information. Thank you for listening, well reading.

2. Some of you will be aware from previous posts that I have had some difficulties in the last few weeks.

Things are no better, anyway, to cut a long story short, my husband is going on holiday tomorrow without me. This is a holiday we planned together but as I lost my job I now don't have any spare money for spends or to pay my share of the costs while away. He does insist on this btw. He has a significant amout of money in his bank account gained from the sale of his house when he moved in with me.

Anyway, he is going on his own for a five day holiday somewhere in this country rather than waste it because I have no money at the moment to pay for my half.

Just wanted to share this information. Thank you for listening, well reading.

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

Change the locks whilst he is away[​IMG]

4. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

[​IMG]
    Hire a skip and chuck all his stuff in it.

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Not sure what to say. Are you sure that you want to stay with such a person?

6. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

That is totally outrageous. Doesn't he appreciate what the word marriage means?
    Make plans to leave him.
    get a lawyer

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

You have no marriage
    You have no husband
    End the farce now

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I want to use some really bad language here, as I am literally seething with rage and indignation for you.
    You poor, dear girl. Sell a load of his stuff while he's away and book yourself on a nice holiday that starts as soon as he gets back.
    What a sh*tbag!!!

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sound advice.

10. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Tend to agree with the above. Going away alone on a jointly planned holiday for financial reasons is not the sign of a good marriage. Thoughtless ***. Have you asked him how he would feel were your current roles reversed?

11. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh and I hope he gets a rampant case of the galloping trots on day one of his holiday, which leaves him unable to enjoy days two to five.
    GRRRRRRR!!!!! [​IMG]

12. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I was quite critical of you in the other thread. However, he seems a poor excuse for a human being.
    You should pack up his stuff in bin bags, get a wild animal to pee on the black bags and bury them in a secluded, wooded area. Give him a treasure map and a shovel to find them. Once he has dug down far enough, hit him with a plank of wood and bury him alive.

13. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

You've done this before, Bob?

14. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

No comment [​IMG]

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i go away for a few days on my own......but certainly not in the way the writer had stated....ours is with agreement......but i would never think of leaving her behind due to money..id have taken her and still reined in my costs....
    My dear i can only say you need to consider your role in his life.If a man can go off like this without due regard to the misery and unhappiness it causes then your in the wrong relationship. if you are married you might consider leaving him.Its not the principal that he has lots of money from another source...but rather that he doesnt consider you worth enough to to help you out and to show you love, concen and help. I do not know what sort of person you are and whether you spend to much wrongly in his eyes,,,,,,but the point is the breakdown of care which is the main element of a relationship. If he dont care for you why in hell are you stopping......painful to do..but in the end you are far better off without him!

16. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

It seems to me that this creature you married hasn't taken his wedding vows very seriously. When you are MARRIED to someone you should surelly want to do things together? Things haven't always gone smoothly for my partner and myself and one or the other of us generally pays more towards the cost of our holidays. Then things pick up and we split it or the other one pays next time. It's how it goes when you are a partnership.
    The very fact that he would even call it a 'holiday' without you there makes me think that something is very wrong. A real husband wouldn't go without you.
    Get. Out. Now.
    You're worth more than this.
    He is a worm.
    I agree that you should burn his clothes!
    Sorry sweetheart. x

17. Mr Egg has a few faults and I've been told I do too! However I cannot imagine a scenario where this would happen.

It is mean and mean spirited. I don't know anything about you and your struggles but I feel sure you deserve much much better.

18. impis

impis New commenter

My husband's gone away on holiday without me too - but the circumstances are a bit different. We've been married 34 years, and frankly, though I love him to bits, he gets on my nerves!! Our daughter and her family don't have a car so he's volunteered to drive them down to Devon, stay for the week, then drive them back.
    Meanwhile, I'm here eating fresh mackerl [he doesn't allow me to have this as he doesn't like the smell], and sipping a bottle of champagne that I don't have to share with anyone . [Unlike the bottle that someone bought me for my 50th birthday which was drunk by all the guests at my party].
    I've spent the day cleaning - something that he promised to do when it was agreed that he should take early retirement and I'd return to work full time. Hah!! He does bother all around the house!!! My kitchen, at least, is now all shiney and pristine. I've started on the lounge - bought a new house plant which he'll hate, and retrieved my nice cushions from behind the sofa [where he'd hidden them]. Need to polish and vac tomorrow. Then, the bathroom, and bedroom. That should leave me with a few days to fill with school related work, before his return next Saturday.
    Still, your hubby sounds like a real 'rse'! Sorry about that. You're supposed to be a team and if he's not including you, then you need to think very seriously about what you want out of life. List the pros and cons of staying with him - and if there are more cons, do yourself a favour and remove him from your life. A husband should never deliberately cause hurt like that.
    Good luck with whatever you chose to do.
    xx imp xx

19. Thank you everyone for your support. The fact that we have only been married two years and have no joint kids makes it easier to just tell him to get lost. How I i wish I could get a mortgage and give him back what he is legally entitled to so I don't have to see the house. And thnk goodness my children are grown up and understand what is happening.

[​IMG]

20. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

Good luck.
    Enjoy the peace x