1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hurrying to Bethlehem!

Discussion in 'Music' started by jane1969, Dec 13, 2011.

1. There is a Christmas song that has the lyrics
    ‘Hurrying to Bethlehem
    The shepherds went
    They knew what the message from the angels meant
    Waved their crooks in the air
    Felt God’s presence everywhere
    On the way to Bethlehem’
    There is a tune I canot reproduce on here and I think more verses. After much googling and not much luck the only thing I can find is a song title in ‘The National Songbook’ (cover has a photo of a black and white child singing) but there are no lyrics or preview to hear so I do not know if this is the same song without buying the book. Can anyone help please? With either the other verses, where to find the music on CD or whether the one mentioned matches my lyrics. Many thanks

2. There is a Christmas song that has the lyrics
    ‘Hurrying to Bethlehem
    The shepherds went
    They knew what the message from the angels meant
    Waved their crooks in the air
    Felt God’s presence everywhere
    On the way to Bethlehem’
    There is a tune I canot reproduce on here and I think more verses. After much googling and not much luck the only thing I can find is a song title in ‘The National Songbook’ (cover has a photo of a black and white child singing) but there are no lyrics or preview to hear so I do not know if this is the same song without buying the book. Can anyone help please? With either the other verses, where to find the music on CD or whether the one mentioned matches my lyrics. Many thanks

3. portugirl

portugirl New commenter

Hey - did this years ago and might still have the lyrics somewhere at school. Will check tomorrow and let you know.

4. Thank you!

5. bod99

bod99 New commenter

Isn't this one from Tinsel and Teatowels Galore (KS1 show)? Seem to remember it from that.

6. I was looking for this music last year and didn't manage to find it - thought I would start very early this year to try and get it. Did you manage to find the song anywhere?