1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Bawbag

Discussion in 'Personal' started by airy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. The comments are brilliant...

“Panic buying caused by #hurricanebawbag has resulted in shelves being stripped bare of Irn Bru, Pot Noodles and Green Rizzlas”

2. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Hurricane Gladys and Paul were too tame. We Scots go for hardy names like Bawbag!!!

3. I love the suggestion for the next hurricane ( which has to be female).

4. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I didn't realise you'd already written something along the same lines there Airy! I'm going to be giggling about it for the rest of the day

5. Went home at 4pm to find roof of dogs kennel hanging off, gate was warped - had to kick it in to get dogs out. Got into house just in time for all power to go off.
    No heating, no lights, no cooker.
    Took dogs to friendly boarding kennels where nice man gave me a gas heater and a bottle of gas. Even showed me how to connect it up. Am thinkin that will be a doddle later in my cold dark house. At least it will give the mice a laugh.
    Am at school again charging my phone ( can't imagine a night with no telly!) was feelin pretty sorry for myself but those 'bawbag' comments have made me cry with laughter. Am away to get a chinese and a bottle o vino and go home and laugh in the face of Bawbag!
    Ps Might have to take day off tomorrow due to post traumatic stress?

6. I'd heard power was out there lelsey - are the xmas deccies down too? FB is wonderful for gossip - and you need to find the trampoline clip, classic!
    Feel free to take tomorrow - my please take has already been given to me! :D

7. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Awww, I love that! Hurricane Bawbag is a smashin name! Makes me fair proud to be Scottish [​IMG]

8. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Brilliant [​IMG]

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It made **** weather entertaining.

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That's my back fence gone and my neighbour's garden shed roof has just landed in the front garden! On the plus side,the cat is sound asleep.

11. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Oh no!! The bamboo screening which we put up to cover our ugly fence has fallen over too.
    Seren, am I losing the plot or were you the poster who was looking for shoe ice grippers? I saw some in SemiChem today (of all places!) for £4.99. They looked pretty good and had wee metal spikes on.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It was me. I've ordered a set but when I mentioned them to my mum she said she'd been given some a couple of years ago but can't use them because her hands aren't strong enough to pull them on. I'll have a look at the semi chem ones and see if they'd suit mum.

13. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

They looked pretty rubbery and flexible, so for a fiver they may fit the bill.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It has amused me to think of you in semi chem, looking at ice grips and thinking 'oh..I must tell seren_dipity about these...". Such is TES!