1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hundreds of New Poems for you to freely use in your classes

Discussion in 'English' started by JosieWhitehead, Dec 9, 2011.

1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I am a retired teacher and I've just written about 900 new poems for you all to use in your classrooms. The poems are for every age group and many are written with rhyme, rhythm and stories, especially for the younger children. The poems are for both Preschool, Primary and Secondary school children. Children in my local primary school encouraged me to start writing and writing as I do with rhyme and rhythm not only is excellent for literacy, as you will know, but they make super performance poems. I made the website at the insistence of the children too, and in 3 years almost half a million people have accessed it. Last month 18,450 poetry pages were accessed by teachers in 146 countries. If you haven't visited my website then just Google JOSIE'S POEMS. I hope you can recommend them to others because I was born a teacher not a salesman, ha ha. Do come and say hello in my guestbook. I love to hear from the teachers. You'll see many of my books on my website. They go all over the world and ESL teachers are using my poems to help their children too.

2. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Lead commenter

I am a retired teacher and I've just written about 900 new poems for you all to use in your classrooms. The poems are for every age group and many are written with rhyme, rhythm and stories, especially for the younger children. The poems are for both Preschool, Primary and Secondary school children. Children in my local primary school encouraged me to start writing and writing as I do with rhyme and rhythm not only is excellent for literacy, as you will know, but they make super performance poems. I made the website at the insistence of the children too, and in 3 years almost half a million people have accessed it. Last month 18,450 poetry pages were accessed by teachers in 146 countries. If you haven't visited my website then just Google JOSIE'S POEMS. I hope you can recommend them to others because I was born a teacher not a salesman, ha ha. Do come and say hello in my guestbook. I love to hear from the teachers. You'll see many of my books on my website. They go all over the world and ESL teachers are using my poems to help their children too.

3. Super! Thanks Josie.
    I'll certainly be using some of them.

4. your materials are awesome!good job and thank you[​IMG]