1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

human beatbox for AQA Unit 3 solo perf

Discussion in 'Music' started by i the t, May 2, 2012.

1. i the t

i the t New commenter

I've had a student record a beatbox performance at the last minute.
    It doesn't mention beatbox anywhere specifically on the spec but it does say
    "an individual performance is defined as one person playing/singing/maintaining an independent melodic/rhythmic part" which covers it as far as I'm concerned.

"It also says N.B. this includes ‘rapping’ in all of its forms" which from their old-ass perspective
    might include Beatbox.

Anyway, it's too late now !

2. i the t

i the t New commenter

I've had a student record a beatbox performance at the last minute.
    It doesn't mention beatbox anywhere specifically on the spec but it does say
    "an individual performance is defined as one person playing/singing/maintaining an independent melodic/rhythmic part" which covers it as far as I'm concerned.

"It also says N.B. this includes ‘rapping’ in all of its forms" which from their old-ass perspective
    might include Beatbox.

Anyway, it's too late now !

3. OCR's GCSE spec covers beatboxing in some detail as a performance option. You could take a look at that to get some idea of what they expect, then cross-reference it with AQA's marking scheme to figure out the levels.

4. musicheart

musicheart New commenter

Yes you can submit beatboxing and rapping.
    I have found it quite difficult to assess using the AQA criteria, however it is definitely allowed, as I have contacted the board for more assistance.