1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hugs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by kenners7, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Can I have a hug? Got some bloody awful news today- got diagnosed with cancer this morning and it's pretty near my armpit so God knows what they'll find after my referral next week. My other half's abroad till Thursday (I made him go-he can take next week off) and I'm not working so am going slowly nuts at home on my own.
    Youngest son (a v.young 16) is out- and at school daytime. Doesn't know yet. We aren't letting family know till more info on prognosis next week. It is going to be a lo-o-o-o-ong week....
    (make it a gentle hug, I'm still a bit sore after all those squashings and needles last week)
    sorry it's a bit grim, I might be well treatable -just dunno yet.....
    I don't mind people trying to make me smile ....I feel more positive about it sometimes...up and down like a flamin yoyo! Just need to be distracted from all those endless 'what ifs' .

2. don't feel bad, all who post here -got some hugs off another thread for tonight!
    But I'd love to be remembered next time you visit here!
    It really helps, doesn't it
    non

3. I'm following you non (((hugs)))

4. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

(((((non)))))

i still have this thread in my hotlist, i think i must be one of the few that still does! thinking of you and hoping all is well.xx

5. (((((((((((((((NON)))))))))))

Sorry just picked this up on my hotlist this morning.
    Sorry about the tough news a hug and a shoulder to cry on are all I can offer but they are yours anytime.

6. thanks so much all
    it may seem a small thing but it makes such a difference
    Here's one back each -I know you've all had hard times yourselves, much appreciated to think of me
    ((((((greenteaaddict))))))
    ((((((((Phoenixchild)))))))))
    ((((((mixu))))))
    and ((((((anybodyelseherewhoneedsone))))))

7. (((((((NON)))))

How are you today? Did you manage to sleep at all?

8. (((((((((non))))))))))

Hardly ever on here any more but wanted to wish you well. How are you feeling? Any news yet?

GGx

9. Phoenixchild

could just use one, actually could use a huuuuuuuge cuddle and being held til i fall asleep, but the hug'll do.xx

10. (((PC))) you ok?

11. ((((((Phoenix))))))....hope you're ok flower, x

12. Phoenixchild

yeah, as i'll ever be, thank you.xxxxx
    hugs back for caring ((((((twelfthnight))))))

13. Phoenixchild

thanks also carrie, thinking I should just stop postin altogether, all I do is worry folk it seems!xx

14. we do care (((pc)))

15. please don't stop posting this place is a morgue as it is! lol!
    just hoping you're okay, that's all ... holidays can be hard I think.

16. Phoenixchild

right, am ok! ok? goin to bed 'cos am tired nothing else! had a bad night, will be fine in the morning I'm sure, sleep tight all.xx

17. Isn't that what we're here for?!! Sending big hugs your way, xxx

18. Phoenixchild

head killing, feel sick, NOT dreading school just feel ill! sorry

19. morning Phoenixchild, hope you felt a little better this morning.
    Haven't seen this thread for a while -did it just get shoved down the list onto a back page after a lot of silly postings?
    I have to say I'm sorry I forgot to reply on it when it went out of sight down the list, having mentioned about my cancer diagnosis.(had posted my later progress on the Health and Wellbeing forum instead)
    And things are much better for me now.
    Had my op (went well), the biopsy report found no spread around the area, and now I just have to go for 3wks intensive radiotherapy, just to make sure there were no small bits they couldn't spot (got to wait a few weeks till scar totally healed).
    I've already started on one of the new wonderdrugs that are very effective in stopping new cell misbehaviour. Will have to be on it at least 5years, or more if they think it won't thin my bones too much.The downside is a bit of creakiness, and massive 10min hot flashes every hour which I can tell you does not make for peaceful nights! And apparently, unlike the lighter menopause effect, that may well not go away...eek...
    But -it has got so much better for me, after feeling pretty terrible a couple of pages back here. You think you would feel the big 'C' would be breathing down your back for evermore. The possibility will always be there. But I've had the best prognosis possible and can say- I am more ok with that than I ever thought possible.
    So if anyone else is turned upside down at the moment -things can change -unexpectedly. Not the least in finding you can start to handle the impossible.
    “What does not destroy me, makes me stronger.”(Nietzsche)
    And thanks for thinking of me, PC (and anyone else who did, posting or not). Good luck in the next few days, hope you feel better soon.
    non xx

20. Phoenixchild

(((((non)))))
    that is good news! woke up fine today btw, think headache was caused by sitting at a computer screen all day planning!xx