1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

HUGE PGCE DILEMMA - HELP, PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by mgalvin84, Aug 6, 2011.

  1. Hi everyone

    I have a huge dilemma on my hands...

    I applied to do the History PGCE in November. My 1st choice stated they were already full, however offered me a reserve list interview (rejecting me on the GTTR website). My application was then sent to my 3rd choice, I was granted an interview and offered a place.

    I am now all signed up, ready to enrol at my 3rd choice. I received an email from my 1st choice yesterday saying they would like to offer me a place.

    Apparently I cannot accept the offer from my 1st choice as I have already accepted an offer from elsewhere.

    I am happy to attend my 3rd offer uni, however I am going to encounter extreme financial hardship as I am going to have to commute 80 miles a day...

    My 1st offer is from a university literally around the corner from my house...

    Is there anything I can do to withdraw my offer from my 3rd choice and accept my 1st choice offer..

    any advice would be greatly appreciated...

    thanks in advance...
     
  2. Hi everyone

    I have a huge dilemma on my hands...

    I applied to do the History PGCE in November. My 1st choice stated they were already full, however offered me a reserve list interview (rejecting me on the GTTR website). My application was then sent to my 3rd choice, I was granted an interview and offered a place.

    I am now all signed up, ready to enrol at my 3rd choice. I received an email from my 1st choice yesterday saying they would like to offer me a place.

    Apparently I cannot accept the offer from my 1st choice as I have already accepted an offer from elsewhere.

    I am happy to attend my 3rd offer uni, however I am going to encounter extreme financial hardship as I am going to have to commute 80 miles a day...

    My 1st offer is from a university literally around the corner from my house...

    Is there anything I can do to withdraw my offer from my 3rd choice and accept my 1st choice offer..

    any advice would be greatly appreciated...

    thanks in advance...
     
  3. Blimey, that is a dilemma!
    I don't know where you stand with this, so hopefully James or someone much more knowledgable will come along.
    If it makes financial sense to go to your first choice then obviously that seems the better option, but have you looked at things like drop-out rates, support, student satisfaction etc as I would personally prefer to travel further to go to a better uni/course. If there's not much difference then obvious finances will be the deciding factor.
    Whatever you decide good luck with it!
     
  4. Repeat this message FAO James on the student teacher forum, he will have the answer, just realised this was on the prospective student forum!
     

Share This Page