1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HUDDERSFIELD UNI- anyone got/ had an interview?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by elcannon1, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hi
    Iv got an interview in 2 weeks at huddersfield uni and would love to speak to someone in the same boat. I have to do a 5 minute presentation on 'a current issue within schools,' group task, maths and English tests and interview.
    Anyone got any advice, and how about current issues in the news? I keep researching as I understand they ask you about this?
    I just want to get it over with, I'm really nervous [​IMG]

2. Hi
    Iv got an interview in 2 weeks at huddersfield uni and would love to speak to someone in the same boat. I have to do a 5 minute presentation on 'a current issue within schools,' group task, maths and English tests and interview.
    Anyone got any advice, and how about current issues in the news? I keep researching as I understand they ask you about this?
    I just want to get it over with, I'm really nervous [​IMG]

3. Hey elcannon, Have you had your interview? how did it go? What subject was it for.
    Hope it went well.

4. Had my interview today. The group exercise went well and I'm hoping the interview did aswell. It did seem a bit of a paper exercise as opposed to a formal interview, did anyone else have this sort of scenario too?

Anyone on here who was there today? It'd be good to be able to put a few usernames to faces!

5. Hi not had interview yet, it's nxt Tuesday 8th!!! It feels like it's taken ages to get here!! I'm literally spending every nite preparing, I've got a 2 year old daughter so don't have much time in the day.
    mk89- Hope ur interview went well. What do you mean about it being more of a paper excercise? do u mean the one to one interview?? and did u have to do a presentation? Which uni?

6. Yeah, the one to one interview. There were a couple of questions to test knowledge, fairly straightforward, subject-specific I imagine. After that it was a little discussion about myself, what I get up to in spare time and would the lack of bursary mean I would decide not to do the course. Then it was a case of making sure you had all the relevant photocopies of certificates and forms to go with your file.
    Just had my offer come through on GTTR! They said that they would look to let us know within a couple of days of interview as they appreciate it is difficult having to wait this long before hearing anything, given the fiasco over places.
    There was a group exercise which was really informal and relaxed where we had to each stand up and describe 2 attributes of a good teacher, not to test your knowledge but to give an indication of how you would handle yourself talking to a group. It was actually enjoyable!
    There's a literacy question too to fill in but that's just to make sure you can write a few sentences I think!
    Hope that helps,
    Good luck with your interview.

7. Congratulations on your offer!!! and Thankyou, any info is helpful!!
    Sorry for all the questions but how did you approach the bursary question?? Im thinkin so hard about the kind of questions I think they wil ask me, and Im sure they probably won't cover even half of them!!
    Which uni is it??
    Thanks again for you help [​IMG]

8. I was just honest and said No. I said it would have been a nice bonus but I wouldnt for one minute have reconsidered my application knowing now that there is a lack of bursary. Just think of a couple of educational issues and why you want to be a teacher. I suspect it varies a bit as each subject has its own tutor and probably a couple of different questions to the others.
    Sorry If i didnt mention the Uni, Huddersfield, ICT.

9. Hi there
    I had my interview way back in December and it was really informal, just a group activity about the differences in teaching at a school and college, then a piece of individual writing about issues affecting FE.
    Ive been offered a place for the English and Media one so good luck to all with upcoming interviews!!
    [​IMG]

10. Hi, I too am at Huddersfield, start date looms... Everyone ready?