1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Huddersfield Early Excellence centre

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by scopher, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Has anyone been here? Have heard lots of very good stuff about it. They are running some courses and I'd realy like to go on an outdoors one- just need a reason to justify it to my headteacher heehee! If anyone has any good persuasive arguments as to why I shoudl go please write them onto here and I can put them forward!

2. Has anyone been here? Have heard lots of very good stuff about it. They are running some courses and I'd realy like to go on an outdoors one- just need a reason to justify it to my headteacher heehee! If anyone has any good persuasive arguments as to why I shoudl go please write them onto here and I can put them forward!

3. Im going here tomorrow to look around the centre. How long ahold i give myself to go round it? Do they let you look o your own? What can i expect?
    Will let you know what i think when i have been. Im taking my cheque book but don't want to spend loads since im not paid till thursday!

4. sadika

sadika New commenter

The name says it ALL!!! The courses are excellent (lots of good ideas and sound rationalle behind it all); excellent mock classroom set up (continuous provision and enhancements); excellent resources shop (LOADS to tempt ... can be pricey but the resources are brilliant and they're ALL there - don't have to go here, there and everywhere to try and find them!); finally the refreshments are EXCELLENT (home-made)!!!!!!!!!! Whoops - I should mention the loos too - where else would you have Dove liquid soap provided??? (says it all - top class place!!!) I've been LOADS of times (about an hour away). My classroom is set up a la Early Excellence and I am really annoyed with myself that I left it too late to book on a (free) twilight session - I need a regular "fix"!!!! Go there - you won't be disappointed - it will inspire you and even if you're financially challenged there's plenty of ideas etc you can pick up for free!!!

5. sadika

sadika New commenter

To star1382: you can look around the clasroom and resource shop at your leisure - sadly no photos allowed so take a note book! I'm sure you'll enjoy it and come back with lots of ideas! ENJOY!!!

6. Thanks. Will take a note book. Is it easy to find once you come off M62?

7. wow this sounds great not heard of it. When is it open? Would love to be let loose with the cheque book!!! Do you need to book in or just turn up for a nosey? Is ut open at easter and in the summer? Term time?? please tell me more!!!!

8. sadika

sadika New commenter

Yes it's right next to the m/way junction - which way are you coming from? It's abit tricky coming from Lancs (like me) as you exit the m/way and have to come back on yourself (very tight bends) to go back over the m/way.

9. Well if they have Dove liquid soap provided.. I'm there! And sorry was that the f word I heard in there sadika- they do twilight courses for FREE? how often do these come about and how do I get onto one?

10. sadika

sadika New commenter

11. sadika

sadika New commenter

Click on news and views and scroll down and the twilights are there - they are fully booked (I tried to get on last week)... they are very useful - hot drink and home-made cookie on arrival (FREE!!!); an hours presentation, then tea (if you've booked it - that's not free but you really cannot miss it - so yummy!) and the centre remains open for looking round the classroom and shop (obviously that's a big reason why they want you there but WHO can resist??? it's like early yaers HEAVEN!!!!!!)

12. sadika

sadika New commenter

Star1382: How did you get on?