1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Hubby having a major operation next week...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Marshall, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Marshall

Marshall Established commenter

major ankle reconstruction after having rheumatoid arthritis for many years. He will be non weight bearing for 6 weeks and potted up for 3 months. Hospital rang today as they had had a cancellation - we weren't expecting it for at least another month!
    Luckily we have two lounges so we can use one of them for him to sleep in and he can use the downstairs loo. Shower - no way so he will have to have a strip wash and I will wash his hair (because of his mobility in his arms).
    He will be a nightmare as he has fought this wretched disease for 40 years and is very independent. I will need my tin hat for a few weeks!
    Also comes at the same time as me applying for a new headship - do I or don't I?
    So much to do - need to buy a new bed, etc - thank goodness it's half term!

2. You do.
    This is a temporary blip and whilst he may be very difficult for a few months he may be much nicer after that if he is in less pain and more able.
    Good luck.

3. Marshall

Thank you Rosiegirl - I have decided to go for it and am working on my application now!
    Don't get me wrong - hubby is an angel and very rarely gets annoyed.

4. Marshall

Roseangel - sorry!

5. laffal0t

laffal0t New commenter

Hope it all goes well.... Including your application.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Glad to hear you're going for the headship role, Marshall. Will help divert your attention too!