1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HTLA year 2 interview

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by Lsudds, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Lsudds

Lsudds New commenter

So I've been out of the loop for a while! But been invited to an interview for a HTLA position in year 2.

All I've been asked is "At interview you will be asked to share a story with a small group of four, year two children of mixed ability which should take around fifteen minutes"

Has anyone got any ideas on what they will be looking for? Obviously engagement and behaviour management. But what questions will I be expected to ask? What book should I use?? What resources should I take??

Please help!!

2. fluffy81212

fluffy81212 New commenter

I dont know what they will look for but we prepared some books for year 3 short story time. Basically show the cover maybe read blurb anticipate the story. Ask a couple of questions going through the book. At the end sum up something about the book you liked. Maybe I love all the interesting rhyming words and ask the kids what they like best. 15 minutes will vanish. Good luck!

Lsudds likes this.