1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HSW lesson for my first job interview

Discussion in 'Science' started by dkarana, Feb 7, 2011.

1. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

Hi There,
    I am in desperate need of help.I am a PGCE student and have my first job interview coming up on 10th.I have been told only that I have to prepare 30 min lesson on How Science works.I have very little idea about it and I do not even know the number of students in the class.
    What should I focus on?
    Can any one help PLEASE! I am panicking to the core.
    Looking forward to the response
    Thank you

2. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

Hi There,
    I am in desperate need of help.I am a PGCE student and have my first job interview coming up on 10th.I have been told only that I have to prepare 30 min lesson on How Science works.I have very little idea about it and I do not even know the number of students in the class.
    What should I focus on?
    Can any one help PLEASE! I am panicking to the core.
    Looking forward to the response
    Thank you

3. Have you an email address I can forward a levelling board to. The leveling board sums up how science works into individual skills.
    You need to contact the school and ask the head of science for the numbers of students in the class, expected grade predictions, SEN data and current working at grade.
    Build the how science works lesson around a content based topic

scotthays27041979@live.com drop me an email

4. I just love the HSW interview, it seems to be the fashionable thing to ask for in interviews! You need to choose a strand of HSW to use, peer review, science in the media, reliability of data etc. Don't be afraid to ask the school for more details about the students, number, ability, prior knowledge (eg which KS3 POS they've studied).