1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HR 10 minute telephone interview

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Jamber2000, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Jamber2000

Jamber2000 New commenter

Hi everyone,

I have applied to a well known company who runs a group of world wide schools and today I received an email to say that HR will be calling me for a quick chat tomorrow for around 10 minutes. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this before? Not sure what questions they could ask me within 10 minutes and prior to a proper interview?

Thanks in advance :)

2. missmissmiss

missmissmiss New commenter

I’m guessing maybe it’ll be to check on your paperwork: nationality, passport, QTS, criminal record checks

3. february31st

february31st Established commenter

Maybe to check if you have an English accent before proceeding with your application.

SPC2 likes this.
  4. b7031475

b7031475 New commenter

I had the same experience but that was the formal interview with the head. They reviewed my CV first then thy asked me about:
    • My experience
    • Family
    • What does my partner do for life?
    • My education.
    • And they negotiated the salary package!

5. lottee1000

lottee1000 Occasional commenter

If it's chain it may be to ask which of their locations you'd be happy to work in. It happened to me once, i applied to one school, but got a call from HR saying a head elsewhere in the same chain would like to interview me. A chain starting with Q.

6. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

For some schools, more than sufficient time to check for breathing and confirm that you are still happy to accept the position (can't speak for this group obviously).

7. grandslam2005

grandslam2005 New commenter

General questions about you and a potted history of your career? These are things I have been asked in this type of format. It could be their way of trying to break down along list to a short list as well?

As has been stated above they could also just be doing a quick checklist to make sure you fulfill visa requirements, etc and personal backgrounds, dependents, etc