1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HPC Lasers - reviews and does anyone have one that we can look at?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by dookiedaveuk, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dookiedaveuk

dookiedaveuk New commenter

Hi there
    My department is looking at purchasing a Laser Cutter, and we have been blown away by the prices offered by HPC Laser.
    We are a little worried; "you get what you pay for" etc...
    Does anyone have any reviews they could pass on? Or could anybody contact me with contact details so that we could speak on the phone etc... or even better if you are in the South East region, that we could pop over and see in action?
    Thanks for the support in advance

Dave

2. dookiedaveuk

Hi there
    My department is looking at purchasing a Laser Cutter, and we have been blown away by the prices offered by HPC Laser.
    We are a little worried; "you get what you pay for" etc...
    Does anyone have any reviews they could pass on? Or could anybody contact me with contact details so that we could speak on the phone etc... or even better if you are in the South East region, that we could pop over and see in action?
    Thanks for the support in advance

Dave

3. Before the rest jump in...........I have bought a CTR laser which is almost identical to the HPC. I would highly recommend these types of machines. What you have to particularly think of is the running cost and replacement tubes etc. With some of the other manufacturers the tube will be about £1500 to replace it and call out charges etc. I have only had one problem which was due to the extreme cold last year and a failing of school heating which broke the tube as the water froze.
    At the end of the day these types of machines will do the same as the £12k machines but at a pbetter price.

4. dookiedaveuk

Thanks for the fast response
    I have searched the old posts and found a few positive threads about HPC, so they look good. I was mainly hoping for a chat with someone, and an idea if anyone has had a bad experience.
    Does anybody feel comfortable with me contacting them via email or phone for further info, or if you are in East/South East, mind us popping over for a chat?

5. re

re New commenter

I have a CTR laser and a technology supplies mercury laser. We are in Norwich if that's any help? PM me if I you want to visit.

6. Hi, where in lancashire so not good for a visit,
    we have two machines from HPC
    small one 30cmx 60cm for the graphics room will cut acrylic 4mm but slow compared to the biger machines would not recomend this machine for using as your only machine. its used for cad and bow making etc. thin materials brilliant machine had a problem with it early on and HPC came back and sorted out quickly.
    We have a 90cmx120cm cutting area, brilliant machine had a few issues with it but again HPC came and sorted out quickly. they are a bit slow to answer emails but they are freindly and i have enjoyed them visiting and advise is always available direct or via the forum which is used and updated regularly. this machine is 90watt cuts upto 12mm MDF not really its best purpose but it will do it as long as you got good extractor will be fine. loves card and and acylic all in all very very happy with the machines and service. replacement laser tubes are affordable £200 ish depending on machine not £1000 like ome machines.
    feel free chat.
    i have not smell checked this or read it back got to get to work asap....

7. dookiedaveuk

Thanks for the feedback, I will get in touch via private message

Are there any other HPC users? I was hoping there would be quite a few as the machines seem to be a bit of a bargain.

8. Hi Dave
    I work as a Technician for a college in Midhurst West Sussex
    3 year ago we purchased the 1280 from HPC due to the bed size, having used the more expence machines I found myself having to cut down full sheets of acylic to fit the bed.
    the 1280 takes a full 1000x500 sheet with room to spare.
    we are so impressed with the cost, build, and replacement costs of parts a year later we purchased a HX 3040 small bench top type machine again a great tool but the soft ware is a nightmare.
    this summer 2012 we are purchasing another the LS3040
    my 1280 have worked for 3 years over all of the KS3/4 projects and the tube is only now starting to show signs of running out of gas as I am have to reduce the speed to cut material, replacement tube and optic lenses arrive within 5 day of purchase order pursonnaly deliverd by HPC and had a great chat with the enginer, although I did the change over. furhter reducing the cost.
    if you are still interested call me 07814 141629 we are in Sussex so a visit may me possible?
    Simon

9. dookiedaveuk

thanks for all of the replies! :)
    We have ordered a 6090 for delivery in September! Hopefully all will be well.

10. Hello Guys.

I am the UK installation/maintenance Engineer for Mantech UK Ltd. CNC Laser's, Acrylic Bending Machines & Routers, of all Sizes. If you require any assistance or an alternative supplier of the aforementioned, please get in touch, I have installed our lasers in many schools & colleges.
    I understand support is important with these machines and you can rest assured ours is 2nd to none, you can speak to any of our customers for reference.

regards.
    Lee.