1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

HOY application

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by GREENSL, Oct 4, 2015.

1. GREENSL

GREENSL New commenter

Hi, I am a 27 year old language teacher looking to take the next step in my career and the opportunity to apply for assistant HOY has arisen. I am new to this website and can't quite seem to find a thread discussing such a position and wonder if anyone could help direct me, or share any pearls of wisdom which may help in my quest?

Many thanks in advance

S x

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Welcome to nu-TES, @GREENSL

I don't think there ever has been any such discussion.

The thing to do is look carefully at the Person Specification and Job Description to identify where you have the skills and experience that they are looking for, or see where you have similar skills that could be transferable.

You might also get some ideas by looking at TES Jobs for advertisements for similar posts in other schools. Their P.S and J.D might throw light on other areas that are also relevant to the school where you are applying.

Good luck

GREENSL and ilovesooty like this.