1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How's recruitment looking in Secondary schools this September?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by simmondsfamily1, Aug 2, 2020.

1. I'm a career changer of significant years who alas has not yet secured a placement for September. Needless to say, I have to earn a living. What's the general consensus out there - is it likely that once the new term starts, there's going to be a demand for NQT's? I'm starting to look away from the profession just so I can get a wage, but after wanting to teach for so many years, and studying all hours to qualify, it really feels like a bad move. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

debrawadsley likes this.
  2. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

TBH, recruitment for the new term will already have taken place by now. Maternity covers could well pop up so it's good to keep an eye on TES jobs -also try The Guardian. It may also be worth signing up to a supply agency - that's how I got my permanent job -forever position...Good luck.