1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

however hard i try...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emilystrange, Apr 9, 2012.

1. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

this mtp is not getting written. it's not my fault. i have ideas, i have a plan in my head, i have done a rough timetable of events. i know what days the kids are doing their SATs, the topic web is done...
    it's the fault of the illamasqua site. i just can't stop looking! (or buying, it seems) [​IMG]
    i know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but i love makeup. and this brand is really good.
    i want to do one of their makeup courses. *sighs dreamily*

2. Ooft! Expensive!

3. emilystrange

what, the courses, or the makeup?
    it is pricey, but it's very good quality and lasts for ages.

4. The make-up. Nice, unusual colours though.

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Gorgeous colours!

6. emilystrange

that's what i like about it :D
    one thing i really like about the site is that everything has a 'skin swatch' - a photo and a video. and i like the tutorials, though i'd not go for some of the end results!
    i've had a version of their sealing gel from another brand, now discontinued, and it's an amazing product. am glad i found someone else that does it!

7. v12

v12

Sorry - I know I'm a bloke and all that, but I couldn't resist having a look at the website.
    Annnnnyyywaaayyyy -
    Got a second opinion from my nine-year-old daughter who was really impressed but didn't like all of the colours.
    Bizarre.
    And expensive.

8. emilystrange

it's no more expensive than MAC, tbh, and more adventurous.
    i don't like all of the colours either :D

9. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

I have some of this range.

I usually stick to MAC but at Christmas was desperate for a face powder and the queue at the MAC shop was out of the door, so went across the hall to try this brand.

I'm very impressed; used the powder almost every day since Christmas and its still going strong with no signs of wear. Also treated myself to an eyeshadow at the same time which is gorgeous. Stays put all day! Will definitely go again when looking for make up for a special event.