1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How'd the Edgehill Interview go anyone?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by rlamb89, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hey there all,
    If I remember correctly some of the Edgehill Primary PGCE interviews were today.
    Just wondering if anyone could offer any feedback on how it went, and what kind of things were asked, etc.
    My interview's on 5th Jan, and the more I seem to try and prepare for it the more I get MEGA freaked out oops!!
    Would be super grateful of any help/advice anyone has!
    Rois

2. Hi Rois,

I was one of the candidates with an interview on Weds! First of all I have to say that it is an INTENSE day, they obviously want to get the best out of you! The tutors were really nice and put you at ease straight away. Make sure you revise all the topics on the sheet for the tests, in my opinion they were harder than I expected, but, you'll be grand if you revise thoroughly. The essay was fine, I think they are looking mainly at your sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, spelling etc. The group interview is nothing to worry about. I was with two other girls who were lovely and I think it went ok. The one-to-one interview is quite relaxed, again they put you at your ease. I think I waffled and repeated myself a lot but that was nerves!

You'll be fine as long as you're prepared!

3. Hi Ella

Was the essay on the day your choice of particular recent issue or do they set the questions?

4. Hi Kevyn, no - they give you a set essay question, mine was along the lines of "Are Teaching assistants in the classroom a good thing?"

You'll be fine! Good luck [​IMG]

5. Thanks, my whole Christmas is prepping. Hope you got in; did they say when they let you/applicants know?

Merry Christmas btw!

6. And a Happy New Year to you! Edgehill said they should be in a position to start offering places early January, they said they don't want to keep us waiting for too long! I'm so very nervous! Best of luck with the prepping :)