1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How would you safeguard children?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by 4m4xx, Feb 16, 2016.

1. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

This is a potential question for a pgce primary interview I have coming up really soon... And I was just wondering if anyone had any views on how to answer this. I'm not sure if the answer I have come up with is correct.

2. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Have a look at the DfE document "Keeping children safe in education". If you google it you can get the link.

3. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

Thank you!

4. KelRilon

KelRilon New commenter

I've had this question come up at my last two interviews,.... Both times, the answer was simply that I'd follow the school's safeguarding procedures and report concerns to the person responsible for safeguarding. It's hardly rocket science...:rolleyes: What kind of answer do you think they'd expect? o_O

Landofla likes this.
  5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Challenge unknown visitors
    Ensure risk assessments are completed
    Pass all concerns, however small, to the safeguarding lead
    Keep an eye out for radicalisation (new and on the ball thing, even with primary!)

Landofla likes this.
  6. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

Thats what I had in mind, but since its such an obvious answer I wondered if there'd be more to it. No need to be rude about it :)

7. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

Thank you! :)

8. KelRilon

KelRilon New commenter

I wasn't being rude.

9. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

That how it came across. Thank you, nonetheless.

10. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

Thanks Sillow. I appreciate that these sort of questions are not appreciated here. Didn't have the knowledge of this before. I will avoid it in future. Thanks again everyone who did reply to either of my threads.

11. caterpillartobutterfly

Are they not? Ahhh well, you live and learn.

12. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

Yes I received a message which seems to be missing from the thread now which said "giving answers to interview questions isn't something thats done here" etc.

13. caterpillartobutterfly

And for teaching interviews it really shouldn't be.
    But for getting on an ITT course, no-one would expect you to know what to read or what policies to look at. How could you know before you even get on the course?
    But yeps, give it a couple of years and you want a teaching job, you're on your own!!! :p

4m4xx likes this.
  14. 4m4xx

4m4xx New commenter

I'll know better next time than to ask anyone on here!!! ;)