1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How would you like to get this in the post?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Dragonlady30, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Lara mfl 05 and colacao17 like this.
  2. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

I wouldn't leave it there in the first place.
    I think it's a clever gimmick to catch attention. They'll probably do a few packages and it'll raise awareness about not littering, which has to be a good thing?

sodalime, phlogiston and Dragonlady30 like this.
  3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Such cynicism in one so young!! :eek:

mothorchid and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  4. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

I was struck by this:

“littering in a national park is an offence and punishable with up to five years in prison and hefty fines”

So not ‘guidance’ or exemptions or complicated ‘bubbles’. Just ‘Do It’ and this is ‘just’ for litter.
    Maybe we could learn.........

mothorchid and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  5. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

"Such cynicism in one so young!!"
    If only I was young...

6. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

How do they know its yours, I'd be miffed if someone else's rubbish was posted to me when I'd brought mine home.

phlogiston likes this.
  7. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Was thinking this too and no doubt it will be a pretty standard defence of most. If they sent me the wrong rubbish so to speak, I'd send it back under 'rubbish not known at this address'.

Would not surprise me if it is just a simple PR campaign and that few, if any packages are actually sent. Also, what will they write on the customs declarations? Old food and discarded underpants?

I am not sure the former can be sent by post anyhow?

sodalime and needabreak like this.
  8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Must have plenty of cash if can send it around the world after the offenders. Imagine if the Indians had to pick up their own rubbish off the floor. I Thailand although they have bins it seems the problem is in the reserves and animal sacturies where ther few disposal sites and the animals might digest the waste.

9. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

State of emergency, martial law, corruption and police brutality. No thanks.