1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How will you eat yours?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Feb 21, 2012.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Pancakes!
    I will have the very lovely lemon and sugar combo. Mr EG will probably have the most vile combination of honey, golden syrup, nutella and sugar which is his favourite (shudders).

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Double portion!
    Lunch...savoury, with very, very, <u>very</u> garlicky mushrooms!

Then sweeter - I have some stewed apple/pear left from a day or so ago and will have a fruity pancake whilst watching Suits tonight,

3. bizent

bizent Star commenter

With sugar and then another with chocolate spread for good measure

4. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Lemon, sugar, no messing.

5. Fresh lemon and sugar for us too, the only way to have them. When I saw the thread title I thought you were asking about Cadbury's Creme Eggs - I've decided to give up chocolate for Lent so maybe I'm just a wee bit obsessed with the stuff!

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

We ate our pancakes last week in memory of my mother who's birthday often fell on Shrove Tuesday, or to me more precise, as Shrove Tuesday is a moveable date, it was the other way round. Not being religious, I decided to celebrate something I valued more than religion.
    My mother would have thanked me for this, she was brought up for a period by a devout aunt who made her life hell through physical and mental abuse and went on to regard everything religious with scorn.
    Close to her death, a vicar visited her. She had reached a stage where she would drift in and out of conciousness, and on this occasion, when she woke and saw the white dog collar she said "And you can eff off as soon as you like" She actually asked that her funeral didn't include a religious service. Apparently this isn't as uncommon as you might imagine.
    As a kid, pancakes were always with lemon and sugar. This year I made an orange and brandy sauce which was well-received.

7. henriette

henriette New commenter

lemon and sugar