1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How will the New National Curriculum change assessmnt methods?

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by ilovechardonnay, Apr 21, 2013.

1. What will happen to APP? What will schools use for new yearly objectives? Is there any information out there with regards to assessing using new NC?
    Thanks in advance!

2. What will happen to APP? What will schools use for new yearly objectives? Is there any information out there with regards to assessing using new NC?
    Thanks in advance!

3. Hi,

I can send you some of the assessment information I have put together if you want to PM with email address.

4. Hi jazzster, I am new to this forum and I am trying to find out how other people are assessing History and Geography, would you be willing to share you assessment information with me please

5. seismic

seismic New commenter

This is concerning me too. How do we demonstrate progress when there aren't any levels to measure against? Make up your own? Surely then every school across the land is dreaming up their own levels for their subjects? Why isn't there some national guidance? Total cop out government.

Any how, I'm going to strip back GCSE criteria for CA and do some levels that way.

6. A local authority consultant told us before half term that APP never took off as intended so is dying a death anyway.

We never used it.

He also told us to carry on using the old levels - not what we wanted to hear.

On another note, I've heard Goal Online assessments will end next July, because they would all have to be re-written with the New Curriculum and the company don't want to do that.

Are there any other online assessments? We're a primary school..