1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How very kind...........

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

It has to do with erections, another word that's probably banned.

I like the emails that start Dear MRS Aqua, and then try to flog me it. Perhaps there's somewhere in the world a woman might consider it a thoughtful gift.

2. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

I agree, it is the brand name of a perfectly legal medication not a swear word. Seems odd to ban it.(reply to post 20)

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I am still waiting for the BBC to disconnect me because I have failed to renew my TV licence. They have been very persistent with a whole series of escalatingly dire emails.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Then on Monday I had the nice Asian lady called Sarah who called from BT to tell me that my internet was about to fail. Managed to keep her on the hook for 20 minutes before she finally twigged it was a wind up and she disconnected.

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

[​IMG]

Oscillatingass likes this.
  6. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Not even with a prescription according to the big sign in my Pharmacist's.

7. Oscillatingass

Is that a Norn Ireland thing?

8. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Lol. More to do with being internet savvy than Puritanism.

racroesus likes this.
  9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I suspect it is a common word in spammy adverts, so more to automatically avoid spam posts than stop people mentioning it in any other context.

nizebaby likes this.
  10. Oscillatingass

I see, makes sense I suppose.

11. helenemdee

helenemdee Occasional commenter

I'm always getting these emails offering me £10 million or whatever. If they were genuine I'd be almost a billionaire by now.

One of them, which I've had several times, even starts with "Hello Dear" as if the sender and I were close friends or something.

12. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

I had really friendly one from Donald Trump this morning. And you'd think he'd have more to occupy his time, what with building walls, nobbling Nancy, tossing on the crossing, and all.

nizebaby likes this.