1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

How to use success ladders?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Laura2288, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I'm about to start a term in year 3 and it will be the first term of my NQT year. I've decided to give the chn individual targets in their maths and literacy books so they know exactly where they are going and what they are trying to achieve. We also use WALT every lesson.
    We do have OFSTED looming and they will probably turn up this term. I know there is a lot of emphasis on success ladders and the chn knowing the success criteria. Should I do this for every topic? I'm a bit confused as to how to use them. Do I stick them in their books at the end of a topic (other teachers have been doing this) - because it seems a little pointless to do it at the end. Shouldn't it be at the beginning so they can be aware of what they are trying to achieve? Or should I have something on the wall? Can anyone point me in the direction of some examples?
    Can someone please explain this for my simple mind please?
    Thanks xx

2. Hello,
    I'm about to start a term in year 3 and it will be the first term of my NQT year. I've decided to give the chn individual targets in their maths and literacy books so they know exactly where they are going and what they are trying to achieve. We also use WALT every lesson.
    We do have OFSTED looming and they will probably turn up this term. I know there is a lot of emphasis on success ladders and the chn knowing the success criteria. Should I do this for every topic? I'm a bit confused as to how to use them. Do I stick them in their books at the end of a topic (other teachers have been doing this) - because it seems a little pointless to do it at the end. Shouldn't it be at the beginning so they can be aware of what they are trying to achieve? Or should I have something on the wall? Can anyone point me in the direction of some examples?
    Can someone please explain this for my simple mind please?
    Thanks xx