1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

How to use my qualification

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by shirtandtie, May 13, 2011.

  1. This is something of mystery. I got mine from the Teachers Pension Scheme.
    I don't think the requirement for QTLS does, but I could be wrong. Ask your college. But you might take the view that it would be in your interests to obtain it anyway.
    This is a big mistake. You need a portfolio of post qualification experience. It is unlikely that you can generate this at this point in your career.
    You do have a DFEE number, you just don't know what it is. Your PGCE qualifies you to teach for five years. You must obtain QTLS within that time (at least in England, and as matters currently stand).

Share This Page